I never thought this would happen, but we overplanted kale this year. My husband got a little excited about the options at the nursery and purchased Lacinto Kale AND Red Russian Kale for our raised vegetable beds in the backyard. (BTW - he built those beds himself using this tutorial).
|Strawberries, green beans and broccoli... oh my!|
Now we have kale blooming all over the place. I've never been one to hide vegetables in my children's food, but Chocolate Kale Muffins might be making an appearance around here soon.
Below is a round up of our favorite recipes so far.
- Kale Chips modified by me, (source: Dinner: A Love Story)
- Everything But the Kitchen Sink Kale Salad (source: Me!)
- Pork Chops with Kale (source: Dinner: A Love Story)
- Quinoa Salad with Kale and Feta (source: Babble.com)
- Because We Love Kale: 15 Kale Recipes (source: Serious Eats)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Kale (source: She Cooks He Cleans)