Thursday, January 12, 2012

When Cereal Just Won't Do

We are not very exciting breakfast makers around here. With limited time in the mornings I can barely get the kids to eat yogurt, cereal or oatmeal on most mornings. On the weekends I do make more of an effort and pull out a Sleepover Pancake, some popovers or buttermilk waffles.

But there are those rare times where if I have enough coffee and the kids beg long enough then I will make this old favorite that guarantees a breakfast win. 

I started doing this modified Egg in the Hole breakfast for my son when he was in preschool and now his sister loves it too. What I do to make a little extra special is that I cut out the center of the bread using a cookie cutter in the shape of the first letter of their first names. These simple Sur la Table cookie cutters transform boring old eggs (and occasionally sandwiches) into


M and C in the Hole 

No comments:

Post a Comment